A bit of area history
Explore some of the history surrounding the San Clemente North Metrolink station by bike. There are several historic structures that reflects the vision of the city founder Ole Hanson when developing his beachside community. For a detailed history of the surrounding area visit this fact-filled North Beach Historic District website.
1. Start by heading north to visit the Ole Hanson Beach Club and pick-up coffee and sweets at Moulin located at the historic Casino San Clemente.
2. Retrace your tracks and pick up the San Clemente Beach Trail at the south end of the Metrolink station parking lot.
3. Cruise the San Clemente Beach Trail and follow the path along the coast to Pier Beach and the San Clemente Pier.
4. Find a cool place to eat. Here are some options:
Fisherman's Oyster Bar
Fisherman's Restaurant and Bar
Bear Coast San Clemente
Caterina's Gelato Bar
5. Take the optional side trip to Casa Romantica Cultural Center and Gardens. Warning, there’s a bit of a hill but the view is worth it!