511 Motorist Assistance and Traveler Information
Outsmart traffic. Call 511.
Where are you headed today? Chances are it will involve jumping in a car or taking a bus or train to get there. Orange County’s 511 service is your one-stop source for up-to-the-minute travel information, advisories and trip planning information. To get traffic and transit updates, you can also call 511, or visit So Cal 511.
The 511 Motorist Aid and Travelers’ Information System (MATIS) helps commuters outsmart traffic with the following services:
- Real-time traffic speed, congestion & incident information
- Live freeway cameras & roadwork advisories
- Bus & rail trip planner
- Scheduled departures for 70+ transit agencies in SoCal
- Carpool & ride matching information
- Park & Ride lot locations (website/phone)
- Airport information (website only)
- Bike maps, tips & resources (website only)
- Local weather conditions (website only)
You can access the 511 call system around the clock throughout Orange County and while traveling in Los Angeles and Ventura counties simply by calling 511.
The 511 system is another way OCTA’s Motorist Services are helping you navigate your way around town. Thanks to the Los Angeles County Service Authority for Freeway Emergencies and the Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority for the development of 511.