Connections and Transfers
Transfer between OC Bus and other transit agencies. Learn more below or view the current schedule.
OC Bus passes are accepted by most connecting transit systems.
For more information call 511, an automated phone system that allows you to connect to over 40 local bus, rail, rideshare, highway and other transportation agencies, including OCTA.
Transferring to Anaheim Resort Transit (ART)
ART accepts OC Bus passes on routes: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20 at bus stops where ART buses directly connect with OC Bus.
Transferring to Long Beach Transit
Long Beach Transit accepts OC Bus One-Day passes for one transfer only on connecting routes. OC Bus One-Day Passes are not accepted on return trips originating on Long Beach Transit.
Transferring to Los Angeles Metro
Metro accepts OC Bus One-Day and 30-Day passes on Metro bus routes 62 and 460 that travel into Orange County or connect with OC Bus. An additional fare may be required to travel on some Metro bus routes. >Metro Rail lines will not honor OC Bus passes as a transfer.
OC Bus accepts valid transfers from connecting transit systems at all transfer points.
These transfers are valid for one boarding only and have no value towards the purchase of a day pass. The driver will keep your transfer upon boarding an OC Bus.
Transferring from Anaheim Resort Transit (ART)
ART fare media is accepted on OC Bus routes 24, 29, 30, 33, 35, 37, 38, 42, 43, 46, 47, 50, 53, 54, 56, 57, 71, 83, 167, 453 and 543 (all stops where OC Bus directly connect with ART buses).
Transferring from Long Beach Transit
Long Beach Transit day passes are accepted on connecting OC Bus routes only.
- OC Bus will honor Metro monthly bus passes, Metro day passes cannot be used on OC Bus, only monthly passes will be accepted. The Los Angeles County Regional EZ Pass is NOT part of this program.
- OC Bus will honor Metro monthly bus passes, MTA TAP and MTA TAP cards with EZ sticker at all bus stops along the line on the seven OC Bus routes that serve Los Angeles County (1, 30, 38, 42, 46, 50, and 60) or at bus stops where OC Bus directly connect with Metro buses. NOTE: TAP cards are not accepted as transfers on Bravo Route 560.
- For MTA 460 transferring customers, OC Bus will honor Metro monthly bus passes, MTA TAP cards, or Interagency Transfers for one boarding at the following locations:
- Fullerton Park-N-Ride: Routes 25, 26, 33, 35 and 83
- La Palma Ave. stops between Magnolia Ave. and Beach Blvd. on Routes 29, 33, 38
- Disneyland East Shuttle Area (on Harbor Blvd.): Routes 43, 83 and 543
- Beach Blvd. stops between La Palma Ave. and La Mirada Blvd. on Routes 21, 25, 29, 30, 38, 123
- Magnolia Ave. stops between Orangethorpe Ave. and La Palma Ave. on Routes 33, 38
Transferring from Riverside Transit Agency
OC Bus will honor RTA one-day and 31-day passes on OC Bus directly connecting with RTA routes 200 and 205.
Only OC Bus routes that directly connect with Metrolink and Amtrak Pacific Surfliner trains at or near rail stations will honor valid Metrolink and Amtrak tickets and passes.
OC Bus routes 1, 21, 24, 26, 29, 38, 43, 47/A, 50, 53, 54, 56, 57, 59, 70, 71, 83, 85, 86, 90, 91, 143, 123, 453, 472, 473, 480, 543, 553, 560, 862 accept valid Metrolink tickets as full fare for travel to and from stations. Passengers must show a valid Metrolink or Amtrak pass or ticket, swipe a valid OC Bus pass pay the cash fare to board.
Serves local, regional and national regions
(800) USA-RAIL (872-7245)
Anaheim Resort Transit
Serves the Anaheim and Anaheim Resort area
Foothill Transit (FT)
Serves La Habra, Brea, San Gabriel and Pomona Valleys in LA County
LA County Metropolitan Transportation Authority (Metro)
Serves greater Los Angeles County area
(323) Go-Metro (466-3876)
Laguna Beach Municipal Transit Lines (LBMTL)
Serves Laguna Beach and Dana Point
OC Bus day passes can only be accepted for a transfer at OC Bus stops. These stops are posted with both OC Bus signs and LBMT signs located on Laguna Canyon, South Coast Highway, North Coast Highway and the Laguna Beach Depot.
Long Beach Transit (LBT)
Serves Long Beach, Signal Hill, Cerritos and Lakewood
Metrolink Commuter Rail
Serves Orange, Los Angeles, Ventura, San Bernardino and Riverside Counties
(800) 371-LINK (5465)
Norwalk Transit (NT)
Serves Norwalk, Cerritos, Bellflower, Santa Fe Springs and Whittier
Serves the San Bernardino Valley
Riverside Transit Agency (RTA)
Serves Riverside County and the Village at Orange