College Pass and Fare ID
OC Bus App is the quick and easy way to pay for and use your College Pass. The College Pass gets you unlimited rides to campus, work, shopping, the beach, and more on OC Bus, your safe, clean, convenient ride to all of OC and beyond. The OCTA College Fare ID is FREE and is good for the entire semester.
Getting a College Fare ID is simple, as long as you are enrolled in 9 or more credit hours/units a semester or quarter at participating colleges.
- Have your eligibility document ready to upload. See fast facts below for more info.
- Apply online here.
- You will receive an email within 2 business days with your mobile College Fare ID number. Keep this email for reference.
- Wait 15 minutes for account verification.
- In the OC Bus App, tap the Store icon in the navigation menu and select College under Rider Type.
- You will now be able to purchase an OC Bus College Pass.
- OCTA College Fare ID is good for the entire semester/quarter. All OCTA College Fare ID numbers will expire December 31 and June 30 of each year regardless of when the ID was issued. You must reapply each semester/quarter you are enrolled.
- Eligibility Requirements for College Fare ID require the student be enrolled in 9 or more credit hours/units at the time of application at a public or private community college, college or university, and trade and/or technical school and provides one of the following documents during the application process.
Note: Document must clearly show the student name, school name, the start and end dates for classes as well as the total number of units/hours you are enrolled in.
- Current registration fee/receipt
- Computer printout showing enrollment and/or in-classroom hours
- Current registration form or enrollment certificate
Senior Reduced Fare ID
- Have your eligibility document ready to upload. See fast facts below for more information.
- Apply online here.
- You will receive an email within 2 business days with your mobile Senior Reduced Fare ID number. Keep this email for reference.
- In the OC Bus App, tap the Store icon in the bottom menu ; Select Senior under Rider Type.
- You will now be able to purchase OC Bus Senior reduced fare passes.
- You must be 60 years or older to take advantage of reduced bus fares.
- Eligibility Requirements require submitting an acceptable verification document showing you are at least 60 years of age. Note: Document must clearly show your name, birthdate and photo. Below is a list of acceptable verification documents:
- Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) driver’s license or identification card
- Passport showing vital information and photo
- Birth certificate with photo (see photo guidelines below)
- Medicare Identification Card (see photo guidelines below)
- Other government issued identification (see photo guidelines below)
- Photo Guidelines require a recent photograph to complete your application if you are submitting a non-photo from of eligibility (Medicare Identification Card or other government issued identification) or if you are requesting a physical card.
Photos must adhere to the following guidelines. Applications with photos that do not adhere to these guidelines will be denied.
- Full face only, similar to a passport photo
- No hats or sunglasses
- Must use a plain white or off-white background only
- A high resolution, color photograph is required
Disabled/Medicare Reduced Fare ID
The OC Bus App offers Disabled/Medicare reduced fares. To qualify for purchasing these reduced fares on the app, you must have a valid OCTA Reduced Fare ID card. See below for instructions on how to obtain one.
- In the OC Bus App, tap the Store icon in the bottom menu; Select Disabled under Rider Type.
- You will now be able to purchase OC Bus Disabled reduced fare passes.