Climate Adaptation and Resiliency Plan
In anticipation of changing and unforeseen environmental circumstances, OCTA is committed to proactively responding and adapting by planning for climate impacts and creating more resilient infrastructures. OCTA is also dedicated to minimizing its own contributions to climate change by integrating principles of environmental sustainability throughout the organization that improve the planet, support society, and promote prosperity.
OCTA is developing a Climate Adaptation and Resiliency Plan that will:
- Support the Board and CEO Initiatives
- Build upon OCTA’s existing and ongoing efforts
- Align with local, state, and federal policies, plans, and regulations
- Strategically position OCTA for potential funding opportunities
- Inventory OCTA’s greenhouse gas emissions
- Identify and assess potential climate hazards to OCTA assets
- Provide adaptation and emissions reduction measures and strategies
- Outline guiding principles to achieve effective, coordinated climate action
- Establish a process to track, measure, and report progress over time
To support OCTA’s climate and sustainability efforts, an internal Climate Resiliency and Sustainability Team was formed that includes representation from each division to maintain agency-wide collaboration and communication.