The Taxpayers Oversight Committee (TOC) is an independent committee formed after the passage of Measure M in 1990. The committee upholds the integrity of the measure by monitoring the use of Measure M funds and ensuring that all revenue collected from Measure M is spent on voter-approved transportation projects.
The responsibilities of the 11-member Measure M Taxpayers Oversight Committee are to:
- Ensure all transportation revenue collected from Measure M is spent on the projects approved by the voters as part of the plan;
- Ratify any changes in the plan and recommend any major changes go back to the voters for approval;
- Participate in ensuring that all jurisdictions in Orange County conform with the requirements of Measure M before receipt of any tax monies for local projects;
- Hold annual public meetings regarding the expenditure and status of funds generated by Measure M;
- Review independent audits of issues regarding the plan and performance of the Orange County local Transportation Authority regarding the expenditure of Measure M sales tax monies.
- Annually certify whether Measure M funds have been spent in compliance with the plan.
The Measure M Taxpayers Oversight Committee meets every other month at 6:00 p.m. at OCTA offices at 600 S. Main Street, Orange, CA 92863. Please call Alice Rogan at 714.560.5577 to confirm meetings.
2012/2013 Taxpayers Oversight Committee Meetings
February 12, 2013
Click here for Agenda Packets