All across the country, new and experienced cyclists pumped their pedals during National Bike Month, established in 1956 to encourage people to enjoy the benefits of cycling. Whether you rode for work or play, to preserve your health or the environment, or simply to explore your community, National Bike Month celebrated the unique power of the bicycle and the many reasons we ride.
Here in Orange County, OCTA promoted a wide variety of local events including the Huntington Beach Bike Festival, Bike Rally, and Ride of Silence that were fun and useful. OCTA would like to give a big thank you to all those who participated in pledging to ride their bicycle during the month of May. Winners of the Bike Month pledge contest will be announced soon.
During National Bike Month and throughout the year, OCTA encourages everyone to bike smart, and bike safe. Cycling safety is everyone’s responsibility, including riders of all ages, motorists, and pedestrians. Together, we can team up for cycling safety and enjoy moving throughout Orange County and beyond.
Congratulations to our Bike Month raffle winners
- 2014 Trek 7.3 FX Bicycle- Robert Neiuber
- Giro Reverb Bicycle Helmet- Steve Smith, Toufic Assoum, Pauline Dowell, John Quimzon, Anson So, Jim Aardema, Joel Samonte, Jeffrey Ivask, Kathryn Carlisle
- Bicycle Jersey- George Labrado, Tony Fuller, Kimberly Aguilar, Kaitlyn Lam, Travis Goodwin
- Water Bottle- Brandon Ostrom, Dan Kulka, Ed Taylor, Tony Lappico, David Pontius, Jana Lucas, Julio Mora, Vivian Martin, Barbara McLaughlin
- LED Light- Rick Harvey, Paul Moore, Donna Giggar, Kyle Jacobs, Kim Chappell, Josh McCafferty, Sergio Zepeda, Calvin Lowe, David Le, JP, Gail Altimari, Yumi Renshus, Tina Chu, Kevin Atienza, Ryan Nitzen, Carmen Rodriguez, John Terpining, Majd Hawwar, Jerry Navarro, Billy Pham