Go Metrolink and Avoid Traffic
Celebrate the return of the swallows at the 57th annual Swallows’ Day Parade and Mercado on March 21, 2015. The parade begins at 11 a.m., but plan to arrive early to avoid the street closures that start at 10 a.m. Hours for the mercado street fair and marketplace are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Freeway construction at the Ortega Highway (74) and the I-5 Interchange may make traffic a hassle. Why not take Metrolink? All the events are within easy walking distance of the Metrolink station.
FREE Metrolink Tickets at OCTA Special Event
Join us for a kickoff celebration at the Tustin Metrolink Station (2975 Edinger Ave.) on Saturday, March 21, 2015 beginning at 8:30 a.m. Arrive early and be one of the first 50 visitors and receive a free roundtrip Metrolink ticket to San Juan Capistrano. Enjoy live music by Headshine and free refreshments sponsored by Nothing Bundt Cakes. Bring a non-perishable donation for the Second Harvest Food Bank for a chance to play Plinko and win prizes. The train for San Juan Capistrano departs Tustin at 9:46 a.m.
Save with a $10 Weekend Day Pass
Only $10, Metrolink’s Weekend Day Pass is valid system-wide on Saturday or Sunday and is available for purchase beginning at 7 p.m. on Fridays at all Metrolink station ticket vending machines with weekend service. Check our weekend schedule for departure times.
How to Get There by Train
To the Swallows’ Day Parade
- Board Metrolink Train 660 or 859 at the station nearest to you.
- Arrive at San Juan Capistrano station.
- From the station, walk to the parade and mercado in Town Center Park, on El Camino Real just off Ortega Highway.
- Walk back to the San Juan Capistrano Metrolink station.
- Take Metrolink Train 667 or 860 from San Juan Capistrano to stations north and east.