Enjoy the ride. Enjoy the discounts.
Whether it’s to work, school or just for fun, the train can save you money. Simply pick the pass that’s right for you and start saving today.
Adult (Ages 19 to 64)
Weekdays and Weekends - Regular Fare
Youth (Ages 6 to 18)
Weekdays - Regular Fare
Weekends - 25% off One-Way and Round-Trip tickets
Child (Ages 5 and under)
Three children ride free with an adult using a valid ticket - each additional child pays Youth Fare
15% discount on Monthly Pass, 7-Day Pass, One-Way and Round-Trip tickets. Students must have a valid student identification.
Senior (Ages 65 and over)
25% discount on a monthly pass and 7-Day Pass.
50% discount on one-way and round-trip tickets. Please present Photo ID with date of birth to fare inspector upon request.
- 25% off Monthly Pass and 7-Day Pass
- 50% off One-Way and Round-Trip tickets
- LA County Access Services ID Card holders ride at no cost except for the Inland Empire-Orange County Line (IEOC). The IEOC Line does not cross into LA County, therefore the IEOC Line is excluded from the program. (Please note: Effective March 1, 2012 "old" white ID cards will no longer be accepted on Metrolink trains)
Please present proof of eligibility upon request:
- LA County Transit Operators Association ID card
- Reduced fare ID card from other transit system
- Medicare ID card
- DMV placard ID card
A Personal Care Attendant (PCA) is allowed to ride at no additional cost if they obtain a Metrolink PCA ID card and accompany a person with a disability. A regular fare would need to be purchased if the PCA does not have a Metrolink PCA ID card. Click here for more information.
For information on riding Metrolink with a service animal please review the information on our Accessibility page.
10% discount on one-way and round-trip tickets with valid Common Access Card with “Active Duty” printed on the front.
School Group Travel
• Price $3.00 per student or chaperon round-trip or one-way
• Minimum 1 chaperon per 10 students, maximum 1 chaperon per 5 students. 1 to 1 ratio permitted on students with disabilities. (All other adults must purchase tickets from TVM on day of travel).
• NO transfers to connecting transit will be provided
• Students ages 5 - 18 and/or attending K - 12 regardless of age
• Minimum group size is 15
• Reservations must be made six weeks prior to travel date at (800) 371-5465 (LINK)
• Payment must be received 30 days prior to travel date
• Weekend school trips not allowed
• Limited space available
Booking a School Group Trip
Booking a school group trip on Metrolink is as easy as 1, 2, and 3!
- Call (800) 371-5465 (LINK) to make your reservation with Metrolink. Reservations must be made six weeks prior to travel.
- Send in payment 30 days prior to travel.
- Board the train with your valid travel voucher.
Transferring to Metro
Looking to take your school group onto the Metro Rail or bus? Please call Metro’s student field trip reservation number at 213-922-4048. A separate reservation is required if you wish to transfer onto the Metro system.
Recreational Group Travel
• For groups of 15 or more persons, maximum 50
• Round-trip tickets cost $12.00 per person plus a $2.50 processing fee per order, all ages, for same day travel
• Final payment must be received 14 days prior to the trip date
• Transfers to most municipal operators
• Reservations must be made at least three weeks in advance at (800) 371-5465 (LINK)
• Limited space available during off-peak periods
$10 Weekend Pass
Metrolink offers a Weekend Day Pass for only $10. This pass allows for a rider to ride anytime, anywhere system-wide on Saturday or Sunday. This pass includes free transfers to connecting rail or bus, except Amtrak. Monthly pass holders ride free on weekends systemwide. The $10 Weekend Day Pass is available for purchase starting at 7 p.m. on Friday at ticket vending machines at any Metrolink station with weekend service. The $10 Weekend Day Pass can be purchased by selecting "Weekend Day Pass" on the home screen.