So many places to go
From thrill rides to fine dining, there’s always plenty to see and do in Orange County, Riverside and Los Angeles – and you can experience it all on a Metrolink train. To get your weekend started, we’ve put together a few ideas below. You can find even more things to do with our interactive fun guide.
Discover Orange County
- Stroll from the Orange station into Old Towne Orange and visit over 700 dealers of antiques, collectibles and art
- Spend the day with the kids at the Discovery Science Center in Santa Ana and enjoy over 100 hands-on exhibits, live science shows and DinoQuest Exhibit
- Visit downtown Fullerton and enjoy exciting new restaurants, great music and unique boutique shopping
- On hot days, cool off with the kids and enjoy the beach in San Clemente
- Visit Disneyland, Disney California Adventure and the Downtown Disney® District in Anaheim
- Take a short walk from the San Juan Capistrano station and visit the "jewel of the missions" and historic Los Rios District
- Use the bus shuttle from the Irvine train station to go shopping at the Irvine Spectrum Center
- Visit Snoopy at Knott's Berry Farm by using the Buena Park Station
Take the Easy Way to L.A.
- From Union Station, it's just a short stroll to sample the food and culture of Olvera Street
- Chinatown, the new Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angels and Disney Hall are just a short transit ride from Union Station
- Enjoy a weekend matinee performance at your favorite theatre, followed by dinner and relax on your way back to Orange County
Conquer the Inland Empire
- Orange County residents can travel to and from the Inland Empire on weekends as well. Head to Riverside and take a tour of the historic Mission Inn. Stroll through the shops that surround the Mission Inn and stop in and enjoy a new dining experience at one of downtown Riverside's many fine restaurants.
- For Riverside residents, take Metrolink to Orange County and visit family or friends. Or explore Orange County destinations. Cool off and escape the heat—spend the day at the beach in San Clemente or Oceanside.