The Orange County Transportation Authority (OCTA) is committed to providing safe, reliable, courteous, accessible and user-friendly services to its customers. To ensure quality and fairness, OCTA will make reasonable modifications to its policies, practices, and procedures, where necessary, to avoid discrimination on the basis of disability or where the individual with a disability would otherwise be unable to use OCTA services, programs or activities.
OCTA may grant a timely request for a reasonable modification provided that the request:
- Is within the power of OCTA, and
- Will not fundamentally alter the nature of its services; and/or
- Will not constitute a direct threat to the health and safety of others; and/or
- Will not require the commission of an illegal act
Requesting a Reasonable Modification on OCTA fixed route bus service:
- Rider requests for a reasonable modification shall be communicated to the Coach Operator upon boarding.
- When requesting a reasonable modification, riders should be as specific as possible and identify the need, based upon their disability, for the requested modification.
OCTA may deny requests for reasonable modifications if:
- The requested modification is unnecessary for the requestor to be able to fully utilize the service.
- The requested modification would result in a direct threat to the health and safety of others
- The requested modification would result in a fundamental alteration of OCTA fixed route or ACCESS service
OCTA may refuse to provide service to any passenger who engages in violent, seriously disruptive, or illegal conduct, or represents a direct threat to the health or safety of others.
For questions or comments about reasonable modification on OCTA bus and ACCESS service, please contact Customer Relations by: