If you are 60 years and older, or disabled, you can take advantage of our reduced fares and passes. However, you must show proper identification to the coach operator each time you board the bus. This section spells out what identification cards are accepted. For questions or more information, please call the Reduced Fare ID department at 714 560-5596.
Senior citizens ages 60 and older must show one of the following as proof of age:
- a valid driver license,
- a California DMV identification card,
- a Medicare card, or
- an OCTA senior reduced fare identification card.
- Download application / En Espanol here.
Persons with Disabilities Identification
The following identification cards are accepted as verification. Other transit agencies’ persons with disabilities cards or a customer receipt copy for a DMV Disabled Person Placard are also accepted on OCTA buses.
Download application / En Espanol.
Non-acceptable forms of Identification for Reduced Fare
Identification cards and documentation NOT accepted by coach operators for reduced fare include:
- Medi-Cal State of California benefits identification card,
- Cal Optima health care card,
- OCTA reduced fare identification eligibility approval form,
- social security benefits documentation paperwork,
- social security card,
- a note from your doctor, or
- any other form of identification or documentation that is not indicated above.